This cold dripper from Hario is both ornamental and functional, and it produces exceptional coffee.
The slowly dripping cold water produces coffee low in acidity, bitterness and astringency while extracting the most delicate of flavours. This elegant coffeemaker uses the classic cold-drip method to produce a full-flavoured cold drip coffee. Because the resulting drink is very low in oils, you can etore your extraction in the fridge for up to three days – and drink neat over ice.
This classic brewing system works by slowly dripping cold water through finely ground beans.
* Brewing your coffee with cold water preserves delicate flavour compounds, while eliminating the bitter oils and acids that would be extracted at higher temperatures.
* A precision metal valve controls the drip, ensuring perfect drop-by-drop percolation.
* Coffee flows through the stainless-steel filter into the heat-treated glass pot below, resulting in a pure, richly flavoured brew.
* Makes concentrated coffee ideal for iced beverages or serve as a ‘cold drip’ neat over ice.
* Makes up to 750ml of coffee.
For best results, we recommend using a ratio of 60g coffee per litre of water.
Glass and acrylic construction.
5cm wide x 46cm high.
Made in Japan.
Note: This product is not routinely stocked. There may be a delay in supplying after ordering here.