Please select a wishlist you wish to add selected product(s) to:
This hand grinder is very similar to the Porlex - the burr sets are interchangeable. For travelling, this is perfect - the hand crank comes off easily and the body is made from stainless steel so it can take a beating The main difference between this and the smaller version is simply the height and therefore the capacity to hold ground coffee (about 2 x double shots of espresso grind).
The ceramic burrs will stay sharper longer than steel burrs, and stay cooler when you grind a lot of coffee. The grind size is adjustable from inside the ground coffee compartment, and ranges from very coarse french press, all the way through to turkish. The burr set is the same or very similar to that of the Kyocera grinder. The capacity for whole beans is 26 grams. That's enough for 1-2 cups. Of course you can refill and grind more for larger amounts. The flange underneath the burrs adjusts how fine or coarse your grinds will be. Turning it to the right will tighten it and create finer grinds. About 7 to 8 clicks from the tightest position will give you a medium grind. We recommend you experiment and discover what settings are best for your brewing needs.
Some of the features of the Rhinowares hand grinder include:
- Quality stainless steel housing which makes cleaning easier and reduces static
- Tested and certified as food safe by an independent laboratory providing peace of mind
- Conical ceramic burrs which stay sharp longer, don't rust and are easier to clean
- A simple adjustment method for a range of grind types
- Ample capacity - can hold up to 42 grams of coffee beans
- A convenient and protective carry bag
- Smooth grinding motion
- Superior particle size distribution
A couple helpful hints for adjusting the appropriate grind:
- For grind to suit Aeropress, tighten nut all the way, then ease off half a turn
- For French Press, ease off 1.5 turns
- For a v60, tighten the burrs all the way, and then go half a turn back. Some further adjustment may be required from there depending on the specific beans used. Suggested ratio is 60g/litre.
- For a moka pot, which is somewhere between drip and espresso, adjust your grind to the finest level (adjust so that the burrs are touching) then open up a notch or two.
And some cleaning tips:
- It's best to pull the grinder apart and give it a clean every 4 weeks or more often if you are using darker more oily roasts.
- Just use warm, soapy water and an old toothbrush to remove all residual coffee.
- Make sure to rinse with fresh water when finished and allow the parts to fully dry before re-assembling
There are no reviews for this product. You could be the first to review!
Write Your Own Review
Rhinowares Hand Grinder - (Tall)
Rhinowares Hand Grinder - (Tall)
Another fine hand grinder. This hand grinder is very similar to the Porlex - the burr sets are interchangeable. For travelling, this is perfect - the hand crank comes off easily and the body is made from stainless steel so it can take a beating. Taller than the well known Mini, and therefore holds more ground coffee.
Complete with a sample of Ministry Grounds roasted coffee
Shop with Confidence
Shopping at Ministry Grounds is safe and secure - guaranteed.
All personal information is protected using industry-standard encrypted, secure transmission. Look for the 'lock' symbol in your browser.
We value your privacy and never knowingly share your personal information outside our business.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions about our store and our service.